Male and Female Alike


 To keep the fire burning brightly there's one easy rule:  Keep the two logs together, near enough to keep each other warm and far enough apart - about a finger's breadth - for breathing room.  Good fire, good marriage, same rule.  ~Marnie Reed Crowell
Something we both love to do, eat together

My husband and I came from two separate worlds and crossed path at a training school. We were from different class and I hardly remembered the first time we met. He said that it was my smile, in a sunny morning, that made him remember me the most (giggles) and the rest was history.  We are a  typical couple, except for that fact that we seldom have "us" time. Our profession "dictates" our schedule and I have embraced the fact that the kids and I can't have him all the time, as a soldier, he is to serve the country first and foremost. So every opportunity that comes our way is much appreciated, such as one recent event when he surprisingly invited me to have the dinner which we have postponed a week ago because he had an urgent tasking to do.

L and I meet at Chef d' Angelo in Alphaland, Magallanes, after our daily grind. He arrived first, seated on the couch with his book and a glass of  iced tea. He smiled when I joined him, oh I love how he smiles lately.  He gave me the Eat-All-You-Can Wristband which I took as a souvenir. We went to the buffet table where they served pizza, pasta and vegetable salad. I loved the pizza to the end, it was soft and chewy, we had to wait for them to refill it again because it was a hit for the customers. The vegetable salad was also something that made L and I came back to the buffet table, it was refreshing to the senses. I say it was a "sulit" evening because we both finished three servings of their pasta, pizza and salad to think that we already had our afternoon snacks from our respective offices. And to top it all, we had a time of our own, which we only have when he sends me off or picks me up from the train station.That night, we expressed our love  for food and for each other for finding "us" time.

Ours is a whirlwind romance and everyday of our almost six years marriage is a learning experience for both of us. I would say that L and I are alike in so many ways, we don't like fights and we seldom argue, we value our profession, we love our parents and value our kids, but we are also different in so many ways, but that is what makes the journey more worthwhile. We have our own space to grow and join. I am forever grateful to have my lion, as the head of my household and as the partner of my soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Ta To or Ti?"

Peace na, Peace Tayo!