May Escapades


The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day
When the sun is out and the wind is still,
You're one month on in the middle of May…
(An excerpt from Robert Frost’s Two Tramps in Mud Time: 1936)


April passed and May came in. Though the heat is unbearable this month of the year, it is also a time to wind up and be invigorated. Feel blessed to have a chance to enjoy the serene waters of Batangas, not just once but twice.  

My Other Family
First stop was during our unit’s team building at Palm Beach Resort in Bo. Hugom, San Juan, Batangas. It was almost a two to three hour drive from our main hub in Ortigas. Palm Beach was hidden by the mountain slopes of San Juan and the roller coaster like ride was worth it once you’ve seen the inviting sand, sea and infinity pool with jacuzzi.  The casitas was a wonder for us, it was spacious for five people, had big comfy beds and day roofs. I also loved the fact that the facilities are powered by the sun. The foods served were also good although the distance you have to walk to arrived at the dining hall makes from the casita makes you hungry again. We had amazing race on the first day and I was so stunned by our big boss as he ran, ate "ampalaya" and swim his heart out for his team. Second day was spent too short but  luckily I was up early and was able to take a dip before the trip concludes.It was truly an invigorating trip for all of us, as we freshen our thoughts about peace and about team work.

The last stop was spent with my hubby’s office mates and their dependents at Lemery, Batangas.  The kids immediately engaged themselves to the pool and stayed there almost the whole day, only resting to have a quick lunch and the boat ride which I loved but Toti did not, as he was a bit afraid of the waves. Tato and Toti enjoyed the slides and fountain in the kiddie pool and a stage mom that I am, I content myself in the kiddie pool to watch and play with them. I am happy that they love the waters just like me. It was just a whole day event but I know that my little ones had much fun, not only because of the pool and the sand, but because their dad and mom was with them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Ta To or Ti?"

Peace na, Peace Tayo!