My Handy Helpers


If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders.
Abigail Van Buren
 
As you know I do not have the liberty of a stay-at-home mom, I spend my eight to ten hours away from home and my little ones. I am a "single parent" sometimes since my better-half is duty-bound (Thankful that he is an office-based soldier now wink*wink*). It’s a tough act but I need to help him as well, it is a mutual decision and I have no qualms about it. And that is why simple kind gestures from my little boys are so special to me. 


my handy helpers, my blessings

One evening, after a usual meal with MIL (mother-in-law), I prepared to clean the dishes, as this is one of my favorite chores to do over ironing clothes (thankful to Glide and fabric conditioner even water which make ironing easy). My little ones merrily followed me to the kitchen and to my surprise, volunteered to do the “washing”. I was hesitant at first but decided to let them experience and love the chore. They took their trusty stool and soft sponge as I prepare the soap solution (our partner is JOY Antibacterial variant). They were so eager to soap the dishes, but they let me first "wash" it with tap water to make sure that there would be no sticky rice on the plates or oily spoons.  Tato and Toti then carefully scrub the plates and utensils that the four of us used at dinner time with their soapy sponge. Then they let me do the rinsing part as they washed and dried their small but helpful hands. I am happy to see them accept little responsibilities at their age and proud of what they are becoming as little men.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Ta To or Ti?"

Peace na, Peace Tayo!